What Does it Mean to be Healthy?
February 15 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
This dinner will focus on the topic of what it means to be healthy. Some questions to consider include:
1. Is there an optimal diet? Is a vegan or vegetarian diet inherently superior?
2. To what extent do your DNA and lifestyle factors predict your health? If lifestyle factors are signficant, do some matter more than others?
3. Have online social networks primarily replaced in-person social networks? Can reduced face-to-face contact affect our health?
4. Can electronic devices be addicting, and if so, how does overuse affect us both mentally and physically? Can it help to set an electronics curfew?
5. Does being religious have health benefits? If so, what are some examples?
6. Should we regularly see a doctor for preventative maintenance? What type of doctor is qualified to assess the overall quality of our health?
7. Where do the healthiest people in the world live? What is it about these environments that contribute to their high quality health?
8. Is there a way to design a healthcare system that would not only give rise to a healthy population, but also give each person incentives to stay healthy?
More details here: